skip to content
- Glanville Williams: Learning the Law (15th ed, Sweet & Maxwell, London, 2013) 287pp.
- Arlidge, Eady & Smith on Contempt: First Cumulative Supplement to the Fourth Edition (Sweet & Maxwell, London, 2013) 180pp.
- With Sir D Eady, Arlidge, Eady & Smith on Contempt (4th ed, 2011) (London, Sweet & Maxwell) 1527pp.
- With Sir D Eady, Contempt of Court (4th ed, 2011) 1383pp.
- Glanville Williams: Learning the Law (14th ed, Sweet & Maxwell, London, 2010) 273pp.
- With A P Simester eds, Harm and Culpability, 1996.
- Property Offences, 1994.
- The Offences Against Public Order, 1987.
- New Zealand Universities Law Review (2013) 25(4) (Thomson Reuters, Wellington) 251pp.
Chapter in Books
- "Criminal Proceedings in the New Zealand Supreme Court" in eds A Stockley and M. Littlewood, The New Zealand Supreme Court: The First Ten Years (LexisNexis, 2015) 383-408.
- "Professing Criminal Law" in Dennis J Baker and Jeremy Horder (eds) The Sanctity of Life and the Criminal Law: The Legacy of Glanville Williams (Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, 2013) pp 328-344.
- (With Sir D Eady) "Contempt of Court: The Constitutional Dimensions", in Arlidge, Eady and Smith on Contempt (4th ed) (London, Sweet & Maxwell, 2011), pp 69-147.
- "Public law trends in New Zealand's Supreme Court", in Administrative Law - the public law scene in 2011, edited by New Zealand Law Society (Wellington, New Zealand Law Society, 2011), pp. 61-74.
- (With Sir D Eady) 'Scotland', in Arlidge, Eady & Smith on Contempt, edited by Sir David Eady and Professor A T H Smith (4th ed) (London, Sweet & Maxwell, 2011), pp 1248-1383.
Articles and Notes
- "Repositioning the Law of Contempt: The Criminal Justice and Courts Act 2015"  Crim LR 845.
- (with Margaret Wilson) "Fifty Years of Legal Education in New Zealand: 1962-2013 Where to from Here? (2013) 25(4) New Zealand Universities Law Review pp 801-819.
- "Assessing the Public Interest in Cases Affecting the Media - The Prosecution Guidelines" (2013) Crim LR pp 449.
- "Case Note: Attorney-General v Dallas " (2012) Crim LR pp 694-697.
- "Case Note: HM Attorney-General v Fraill " (2012) Crim LR pp 286-291.
- "Inching Towards an Australian Bill of Rights: Cousinly Comments on the Australian National Human Rights Consultation Report" (2010) 33(1) University of New South Wales Law Journal pp 171-192.
- "Case Note: Can Proscribed Drugs be the Subject of Theft"  70(2) Cambridge Law Journal pp 289-291.
Conferences and Oral Presentations
- "The Evolving Common Law of Contempt - an Institution to Import?" seminar at Law Faculty, University of Padua, 26 October 2015.
- "In personam remedies" at 15th World Congress of the International Association of Procedural Law (Istanbul, May 2015).
- "Professing Criminal Law" at The Legacy of Glanville Williams: The Sanctity of Life and the General Part of the Criminal Law Conference, King's College (London, December 2011).
- "Governing without a Majority: The Constitutional Implications of Coalitions" at 2011 Constitutional Law Conference (UNSW, Sydney, February, 2011).
- "Public Law Trends in New Zealand's Supreme Court"at NZ Law Society CLE Ltd Adminisrative Law Intensive (Wellington, February, 2011) also published as a chapter in Administrative Law - the Public Law Scene 2011 (ZLS CLE Ltd, Wellington, 2011) pp 49-62.
Reports for External Bodies
- Reforming the New Zealand Law of Contempt of Court (Wellington, Crown Law, April, 2011), pp 126.